Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Novel Math

Total word count as of this afternoon for Apolo Drakuvich : 23,052

I went through each chapter's word counts and I have decided which chapters needed some extra wordage which adds up to about 6,000 words.  If I can do this then I will be able to get to about 30,000 total words for the novel. 

I really want to finish the first draft of this novel by the end of the month and if I work really hard at it, I should be able to do it. 

I was aiming for around 30,000 originally but that is considered a short novel or novella, which isn't a bad thing.  But to be considered a novel it needs to be around 50,000.  My plan is to boost up the chapters and get to the 30,000 word point.  Then I will go from there and decide what I need to add.  I will feel a lot better once I hit that 30,000 mark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment