Thursday, May 26, 2011

Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be. - Kurt Vonnegut

Some random Kurt Vonnegut quotes for your quite not Friday kind of day...or something like that.

"Call me Jonah. My parents did, or nearly did. They called me John."

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."

"I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center."

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."

"Still and all, why bother? Here's my answer. Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone."

"The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest."

"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country."

No comments:

Post a Comment