Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Book Trailers

I've been looking up ways to try and promote my books and I've heard several indie authors talk about Book Trailers. This is probably a really dumb idea or something worth looking into. I googled "book trailers" and the first link that popped up was book-trailers.net.

I was not aware that entire websites were created for book trailers. One major issue of book trailers is that there is no action. It's all words. This would work for...paper...but not really for the screen. The first and only trailer I've checked out is the following.



I'm sorry, but I give this the double C...creepy and crappy. The cover of the book is decent but that trailer really turned me off.

I've made my own crappy and creepy book trailer that I hope will turn people on. This is a cheesy political ad for Apolo Drakuvich. Enjoy!



So...until I can make a really cool trailer, I'm giving this book trailer business a thumb down.

No comments:

Post a Comment