Monday, July 25, 2011

Author Interview with Melissa Smith


Author Name:
Melissa Smith

Bio:
I live in the midwest with my husband and two teenaged sons. When I'm not writing I'm reading. During the day I work as a Preschool ParaEducator ie: sneeze catcher, substitute facial tissue, and play mate.

I currently have two books out. The first is Cloud Nine of the Guardians of Man. And the other is of The Waiting Throne series, The Heir Apparent. I hope that all who read either one of these stories enjoys the adventure and comes back for more.


Book/Genre:
Cloud Nine (Paranormal Romance) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004D9FF54
The Heir Apparent (Sci-Fi Fantasy) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SI48J4




Blog:
http://melissasmithbooks.wordpress.com/

Tell us what the book is about:
Cloud Nine is about a Guardian Angel who falls in love with a human girl. But the fun starts when his ex girlfriend pops back into the picture at the same time her ex boyfriend does.

What would you say the theme of the book is?
The theme is love. Love of family and friends. The Heir Apparent is about a missing prince and the person who wants him dead. Full of everyday magic and intrigue. The theme is that there is adventure around every corner. Interesting people with secrets to hide and people who want to find them out.

Do you have a favorite character from your novel(s)?
From Cloud Nine my favorite character would have to be Ariana. She's a little bit me and a little bit of each of my friends. She's fun and snarky and full of love.

For the Heir it would have to be Salmund. For just a boy he's strong and determined. Smart and independent and ready to follow in his fathers footsteps.

What motivates you to write? Do you write everyday?
The voices in my head tell me to write every day. If I dont they keep me up at night or invade my dreams. They're very persistent in getting what they want So yes, I write every day. I love it.

Who would be most interested in this novel?
For Cloud Nine it's a romance, so anyone who wants to live vicariously and fall in love with these characters will enjoy this book.
The Heir Apparent is for anyone who loves a good mystery filled with magic and adventure.

What prompted you to write the book?
Like I said before, these stories had been rattling around wanting attention, so I gave in. I've loved writing them out and giving them life.

Who are your favorite authors?
With out a doubt Lynn Kurland is my absolute favorite author. Next in line is Brent Weeks. Then there is Terry Brooks and then Gena Showalter, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Alyssa Day, Nalini Singh, Brandon Sanderson...I seriously could go on but you get the picture I love to read!

Would one of your books be a good movie?
What writer doesnt think their book would make a great movie? Of course I do! All of them would! I would love to see my characters brought to life on the big screen!

What is your dream job?
My dream job would to have no job! To laze around and do nothing more than read, shop, and play! But to be able to stay home and write all day would be a close second!

What projects do you have planned for the future?
Currently I'm working on a Guardians novella and an as yet untitled Paranormal Romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment